Daley is a soul singer and songwriter from Manchester UK, signed to Polydor Records.
In October 2009, Daley was invited by BBC Introducing to record a live session at the BBC’s Maida Vale studios as part of Electric Proms 2009. He was chosen after uploading his track, “Rainy Day”, to BBC Introducing.
Daley’s tracks have been broadcast by BBC Radio DJs Ras Kwame, MistaJam, Ronnie Herel, Jo Wiley and by Sam Walker at BBC Introducing in Manchester.
His vocals are featured on the single “Doncamatic” by Gorillaz, released in the UK on 22 November 2010 and added to a re-release of the album Plastic Beach. In an interview with NME, Daley states that he and Damon Albarn co-wrote the single. Daley performed the track in BBC Radio 1’s Live Lounge on 20 November.
Daley was included in the BBC’s Sound of 2011 poll.
In August 2011, Daley released his ten track ‘Those Who Wait’ mixtape/EP worldwide as a free download from http://daley.tv – and has to date had over 30,000 downloads.
The first song to be released was “Game Over” – produced by ELEMENT and written by Daley.
Other key tracks from ‘Those Who Wait’ include:
‘Smoking Gun’ – the first from the mixtape to receive a full music video ‘Alone Together’ – a duet with Grammy Nominated UK songstress Marsha Ambrosius, with a music video released in February 2012 ‘Spent’ – a piano / vocal lead song, visuals expected early 2012
- Fat Joe – How You Luv Dat feat. Troy Ave Lyrics
- Ludacris - Throw Sum Mo Lyrics
- José González - Leaf Off / The Cave Lyrics
- Elle King - Last Damn Night Lyrics
- The Airborne Toxic Event - Chains Lyrics
- Burna Boy - Rockstar Lyrics
- Mark Knopfler - Beryl Lyrics
- Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - Ballad Of The Mighty I Lyrics
- Matty B - To The Top Lyrics
- The Decemberists - A Beginning Song Lyrics