You can translate the lyrics into various languages.
Rage Against The Machine - Sound Of Da Police Lyrics
Rage Against The Machine – Sound Of Da Police Lyrics
That’s the sound of da police!
That’s the sound of the beast!
Stand clear! Don man a-talk
You can’t stand where I stand, you can’t walk where I walk Watch out! We run New York
Police man come, we bust him out the park
I know this for a fact, you don’t like how I act You claim I’m sellin’ crack
But you be doin’ that
I’d rather say “see ya” Cause I would never be ya
Be a officer? You WICKED overseer!
Ya hotshot, wanna get props and be a saviour
First show a little respect, change your behavior
Change your attitude, change your plan
There could never really be justice on stolen land
Are you really for peace and equality?
Or when my car is hooked up, you know you wanna follow me
Your laws are minimal
Cause you won’t even think about lookin’ at the real criminal
This has got to cease
Cause we be getting HYPED to the sound of da police!
Now here’s a likkle truth
Open up your eye
While you’re checking out the boom-bap, check the exercise
Take the word “overseer,” like a sample
Repeat it very quickly in a crew for example
Officer, Officer, Officer, Officer!
Yeah, officer from overseer
You need a little clarity?
Check the similarity!
The overseer rode around the plantation
The officer is off patroling all the nation
The overseer could stop you what you’re doing
The officer will pull you over just when he’s pursuing
The overseer had the right to get ill
And if you fought back, the overseer had the right to kill
The officer has the right to arrest
And if you fight back they put a hole in your chest!
(Woop!) They both ride horses
After 400 years, I’ve _got_ no choices!
The police them have a little gun
So when I’m on the streets, I walk around with a bigger one
(Woop-woop!) I hear it all day
Just so they can run the light and be upon their way
Check out the message in a rough stylee
The real criminals are the C-O-P
You check for undercover and the one PD
But just a mere Black man, them want check me
Them check out me car for it shine like the sun
But them jealous or them vexed cause them can’t afford one
Black people still slaves up til today
But the Black police officer nah see it that way
Him want a salary
Him want it
So he put on a badge and kill people for it
My grandfather had to deal with the cops
My great-grandfather dealt with the cops
My GREAT grandfather had to deal with the cops
And then my great, great, great, great… when it’s gonna stop?!
[Rage Against The Machine – Sound Of Da Police Lyrics]
Listen To The Music Videos Of These Lyrics:
Watch The Official Video
- Charli XCX - Gold Coins Lyrics
- Lil' Wayne - Off Day Lyrics (Feat. Flow)
- Years and Years - Memo Lyrics
- Denyse Tontz - Mr. Hipster Lyrics
- Bastille - Weapon Lyrics (Feat. Angel Haze)
- Pitbull - Time of Our Lives Lyrics (Feat. Ne-Yo)
- The Swellers - Call It A Night Lyrics
- Justin Bieber - Home to Mama Lyrics (Feat. Cody Simpson)
- DJ Fresh - Gravity Lyrics (Feat. Ella Eyre)
Top Lyrics Today
- Tamar Braxton - Let Me Know Lyrics (Feat. Future)
- Ciara- Ride (Remix) Lyrics (feat. Bei Maejor Andre 3000 Ludacris)
- Keane - Bend & Break Lyrics
- Pitbull - Feel This Moment Lyrics (Feat. Christina Aguilera)
- Dj Khaled- Welcome To My Hood (Remix) Lyrics (feat. Ludacris, T-Pain, Busta Rhymes, Mavado, Twista, Birdman, Ace Hood, Fat Joe, Jadakiss, Bun B, Game, Waka Flocka Flame)
- Nicki Minaj - High School Lyrics
- Glasses Malone - What We Need Lyrics (feat. Lil' Wayne)
- Lil Wayne- How To Love Spanish Remix Lyrics (Feat. Enrique Iglesias)
- Eminem - Detroit Vs. Everybody Lyrics (Feat. Big Sean)
- Pink - Just Give Me A Reason Lyrics